Saturday, February 23, 2013

Protective style: Marley Twists

Hello my beauties



What protective style do you enjoy the most?


I like twist because they are so easy to do and maintain. I wanted to share pictures of my attempt at Marley Twists, which are extensions that look like extremely long TSTed natural hair. 

But first thing first!

Protective styling: This is important because naturally curly and kinky hair can easily be broken. In the winter us naturals lose moisture and we are more likely to wear hats, coats with hoods, scarves, or sweaters. All these things will likely snag and pull on your delicate strands causing breakage which leads to loss of length. No one wants to work hard to gain length all year just to lose it all during the cold months. So moisturize style, and hide your ends. Twisting and tucking ends will insure that you can continue growing through the winter.

Items used:

Marley Twist Hair,  Banana Clips, Water, hair cream and gel, JBCO for my salp, combs:




Check it out my Marley Twists:



Check out these YouTube tutorials for Marley Twists (and subscribe to these ladies!):

Cass <--- this chick has hair to die for!>
Marley Twist tutorial: http://youtu.be/Dxp6tBdzs8Y

A. Elle
Marley twist tutorial: http://youtu.be/Kd87jc8D8QY

1 comment:

  1. GranolaHeads2010 has lots of helpful videos with protective styles too. Thanks for the info, I may try to do my daughter's hair (modified) like this & my own!

    ReplyDelete