Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The ever elusive regimen (Part 2- practice)

Hey beauties!

Relaxed or natural, straight or curly, everyone needs a steady regimen for their hair! I will try to share what I know works but this regimen is ever evolving and will not work for everyone... It works for me.
You are welcome to try out my hair care practices and tweek them to make it work for you hair. But first make sure you see the Part 1 - products blog and get the products listed. Then take a look at the glossary page so that you know what I mean when I write EVOO or JBCO or DBCS. 


HAIRDAY!


(I have at least two hair days a month, one to cleanse and style, and another for treatments/cleansing/and styling.) 


Conditioner wash- Co-poo (weekly(ish))


I currently co-poo with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. I lather it in and rinse after about 2 minutes. I lather it in again, braiding sections as I go, and leave it for about 10 min then rinse, re-braiding as you go along. This will prep your hair for styling.  If my hair was really dirty, like old twist out I will follow up with a ACV rinse.


Deep condition (weekly-biweekly)

I currently deep condition with Shea Moisture Deep Conditioner mixed with EVOO or JBCO. After a good copoo I put this stuff on thick, braid down my hair in big chunks, and sit for 30 min to 8 hrs overnight. :)  When I am done I rinse with warm then cold water.

Cleansing- Prepoo (monthly)

Section hair into at least 4 parts
Spray with water then Coat each section with melted 
VCO or EVOO
Braid sections to make shampooing easier

Cleansing- shampoo (1x month)

I will be changing up this shampoo receipe soon!

Section hair into at least 4 parts
Coat each section with melted VCO
Braid sections to make shampooing easier
Make your shampoo
1 cup EVOO
1 cup DBCS
(or any 1:1 ratio more or less)
Mix ingredients into a squeeze bottle big enough to hold all of your shampoo and still be 1/4 empty. So if you make 8 oz of shampoo get at least a 12 ogz bottle. Shake gently. The mixture should turn into a creamy liquid. Un-braid each section one at a time to shampoo, rebraid as you go along.

 Un-braid each section one at a time, add conditioner Hello Hydration and finger detangle. Re-braid each section  while still drenched with conditioner before moving on to the next. Start over and rinse each section individually, re-braiding as you go along. This will prep your hair for styling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment