Thursday, November 29, 2012

The ever elusive regimen (Part 1- Products)


Hey beauties!


Relaxed or natural, straight or curly, everyone needs a steady regimen for their hair! I will try to share what I know works but this regimen is ever evolving and will not work for everyone... It works for me. Here are all the products that I use!!!


·         (All items can be purchased at Target unless otherwise noted)

Shampoo

I wash about once a month, or twice if my hair feels it needs to be washed that often. I cover my hair in virgin coconut oil then I use a concoction of Dr. Bronner's Castile soap Lavender and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Put this in a squirt bottle and gently shake. This becomes a very creamy cleanser that does not strip your hair like commercial shampoos. Also it is 100% natural! :)


Conditioner and Deep Conditioner treatments

      I conditioner rinse or Co-poo weekly with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration  is a hot pick. Many naturals use this product and you can get it for about $6. I wet detangle with lots of conditioner because I feel I lose less hair that way so it is important that I have a good conditioner that is also inexpensive!
      
      I deep condition every two weeks. Deep conditions could be just about the most important  process in caring for natural hair. I use Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque with some added coconut oil or EVOO. I leave in the masque for some time (1hr) and then rinse. Sitting under the dryer is optional.


     
·         

Other Conditioning Treatments 

Hot oil treatments are helpful when you have extra dry hair or just need an moisture overhaul. This should be done before shampoo or co-poo. I like two different treatments:


  • Warm EVOO & Honey hot oil treatment (1 vit E capsule) 
  • Warm Hot Six oil & Honey hot oil treatment (1 vit E capsule)













Daily  use and Styling Products

Shea moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus


      Please disregard the Deep Treatment Masque this is a conditioning product that I mentioned above.  
  •       Curling Souffle (Agave nectar, flax seed oil)- used for styling
  •       Curl Enhancing Smoothie (Coconut Oil, silk protein  neem oil)- moisture, used for sealing with the LOC method
  •      Hold & Shine Moisture Mist (Organic coconut Oil, silk protein, neem oil)- Used to rejuvenate styles like twists and braids                                                                                       


Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel
This is the best gel on the market for natural ladies! It has several benefits:

  1. Cheap, cheap, cheap! If you are on a budget you can add this to the top of your list.
  2. Made with olive oil so it is ultra moisturizing
  3. Great hold but will not harden and break your hair!

     

Curls - Curl Creme Brule
      When my curls and styles need a little moisture boost.  Also it smells Delish!

Smooth 'N Shine Polishing
Silk 'n Sleek Straighten Polisher and Heat Protectant
I use this product only when I am blowing out my hair. Works wonders.









      










2 comments:

  1. Where can I get the Castile soap from? I love lavender everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get it in Target, Whole Foods, or Bed Bath & Beyond. I think right now Target is cheapest @ $8.91. Whole foods has a organic store brand also.

      Delete